My approach of life counselling is essentially humanistic and is based on Carl Rogers’ theories. Listening to you with empathy, unconditional positive regard and non-judgement, will enable you to develop your self-love and your own resources. You will get the opportunity to express yourself openly on any topic that occupies your mind. You will not feel limited in your own speech. Analyzing what happens at the level of the relationship during counselling will allow you to adjust the relationships with your relatives in daily life.
My theoretical background also rests on existential psychotherapy (anxiety about death, existential isolation, freedom and responsibility, and meaninglessness; Yalom, May), psychoanalysis (Freud, Jung, Ferenczi), systemic therapy (Minuchin, Elkaïm), the contextual approach (Boszormenyi-Nagy), the narrative approach, and co-creative therapy (current movement from Quebec).
I can as well resort to useful tools such as hypnosis, sculpting, symbolisation, genogram, tale or storytelling.
Individual life counselling
- Crisis, difficult life event, ill-being
- Feeling of powerlessness, sense of emptiness, meaninglessness, dissatisfaction
- Low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, lack of assertiveness
- Nightmares, dark thoughts, depression
- Loss of interest, of energy, burnout
- Anxiety, self harm
- Confusion, disorientation
- Failure or fear of failure
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Bereavement, grief, loss, illness
- Ageing, anxiety about death
- HP, emotional issues
- Gender identity, sexual orientation
- Addiction, obsessive ideas or behaviour
- Mental or physical disability
- Relative of a person with mental disability or with dementia
It’s always difficult to put words on how we feel. We often express ourselves in terms such as: headache, fatigue, distractedness, nightmares, lack of confidence, unability to love, jealousy, aggressiveness, nervous (breakdown), burnout, depression, etc. Instead of treating those symptoms, by talking this over without prejudices, we’ll reconsider these obstructions in one’s unique life story, in such a way that the troubles will alleviate, or finally disappear.