My approach is essentially humanistic and is based on Carl Rogers’ theories. The emphasis is put on listening with empathy, unconditional positive regard and non-judgement, so that everybody can develop their self-love and their own resources. Everyone gets the opportunity to express him- or herself openly on any topic that occupies their mind. It is important that nobody feels limited in their own speech. Analyzing what happens at the level of the relationship during counselling allows to adjust the relationships with one’s relatives in daily life.
My theoretical background also rests on existential psychotherapy (anxiety about death, existential isolation, freedom and responsibility, and meaninglessness; Yalom, May), psychoanalysis (Freud, Jung, Ferenczi), systemic therapy (Minuchin, Elkaïm), the contextual approach (Boszormenyi-Nagy), the narrative approach, and co-creative therapy (current movement from Quebec).
I can as well resort to useful tools such as hypnosis, sculpting, symbolisation, genogram, tale or storytelling.
What is marital, family and life counselling, actually ?
Marital, family and life counselling aims to give psychological support to a person, a couple (or two persons in another kind of relationship) or a family who is having relationship, emotional or sexual difficulties.
Anybody who is facing a situation of crisis or who is going through a difficult moment in their life can consult either individually, or as a couple or a group. During counselling, each person will have the opportunity to express him- or herself freely, safely and confidentially.
As a second step, if wished, deeper psychotherapy can begin. This would enable to widen vision and way of thinking. This can also help make sense out of what the person is going through, break repeating patterns and manage their life and relationships more autonomously and more positively.
Why come together, as a couple ?
To listen to oneself and each other, identify personal problems from those arising from the relationship, become aware of each other’s expectations. Progressively, break out of the negative cycle in which the couple may be involved, resume the dialogue, look at yourself and your partner with other eyes.
May I come alone ?
Yes, of course ! It is possible to work on yourself, on your couple or your relationships in one-to-one counselling as well.
- Crisis, difficult life event, ill-being
- Feeling of powerlessness, sense of emptiness, meaninglessness, dissatisfaction
- Low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, lack of assertiveness
- Nightmares, dark thoughts, depression
- Loss of interest, of energy, burnout
- Anxiety, self harm
- Confusion, disorientation
- Failure or fear of failure
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Bereavement, grief, loss, illness
- Ageing, anxiety about death
- HP, emotional issues
- Gender identity, sexual orientation
- Addiction, obsessive ideas or behaviour
- Mental or physical disability
- Relative of a person with mental disability or with dementia
It’s always difficult to put words on how we feel. We often express ourselves in terms such as: headache, fatigue, distractedness, nightmares, lack of confidence, unability to love, jealousy, aggressiveness, nervous (breakdown), burnout, depression, etc. Instead of treating those symptoms, by talking this over without prejudices, we’ll reconsider these obstructions in one’s unique life story, in such a way that the troubles will alleviate, or finally disappear.
50€/h or 40€/45 min. By appointment only : 0497/362193
- Starting a new relationship on a sound basis
- Relationship or communication problems
- Tension, marital or family conflict, violence
- Loss of sexual desire, other sexual disorder
- Parenthood, pregnancy, education
- Divorce, blended family
- Desire for children, infertility, homosexuality
- Infidelity, free love
- Midlife crisis
- Ageing, illness, disability
- Family hardship
- Fear of commitment, attachment disorder
Bilingual couples are welcome.
70€/75 min. By appointment only : 0497/362193
With a view to mutual respect, please cancel your appointment in advance (24h minimum) if you cannot come. Otherwise it will be due.